At Activity Tours and Boutique Tours, the safety of our passengers and staff is of paramount importance, and we have made some changes to the way that our tours operate to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19. These are based on the latest guidance and requirements of the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Australian Government, tourism and transport industry advisories, and health & safety authorities. Our approach addresses four key areas in controlling the risks of coronavirus for our Tour Guides and Guests:
01. Manage staff and traveller well being:
- Tour Guides and Passengers who are unwell are not permitted to travel on the tour
- Tour Guides are engaged in planning and are provided with information and training on
- Plans in place to respond if a Tour Guide or Passenger becomes ill on tour or tests positive to COVID-19
- Tour Guides are vaccinated and we strongly encourage guests to be vaccinated, or tested with a negative result within 48 hours of travel.
02. Maintain physical distancing limits:
- Avoid handshakes and physical contact between Tour Guides and Passengers
- Limit the number of independent group bookings per tour
- Allow separation of independent groups whilst on the vehicle
- Keep the row of seats behind the Tour Guide/Driver vacant
- Masks are available to help protect our guides and different groups on the vehicle.
- Work with attraction and meal partners to help provide COVID Safe experiences throughout the day
03. Enhance hygiene and cleaning:
- Hand sanitiser is available on each vehicle for Passengers and Tour Guide
- Encourage good hand washing hygiene and cough-into-elbow etiquette
- Clean frequently touched surfaces on the vehicle several times per day, and other areas between tours
- Eliminate or clean items that may be passed from person to person
- Encourage and facilitate contactless payments and pre-payments
04. Keep records to facilitate contact tracing
- Record essential contact details of all passengers, and maintain these according to privacy requirements
- Alert Passengers to the benefits of the COVIDSafe app to support contact tracing if required
- Cooperate with public health authorities if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 on a tour
The above framework has been agreed by the National COVID-19 Coordination Commission (NCCC) and we have been registered as a COVID Safe business using industry guidelines from Safe Work Australia, recognised through the Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC) COVID Ready badge program, and awarded the globally recognised Safe Travels stamp from the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC).
We look forward to welcoming you on a COVID Safe tour very soon!
From the team at Activity Tours Australia,